This week, the wife and I were guests on the ChooseFI podcast! Brad and Jonathan had us on the show to discuss our Financial 180, and we had a blast.
- How we went from spending six figures to saving 85% of our income
- Discussing Financial Independence with family
- The opportunity costs of car commuting
- How learning to cook well has saved us thousands of dollars
- Our financial ‘awakening‘
- Our favorite life hacks
- Our biggest financial mistake!
- Advice to our younger selves
Interested in starting your own Financial 180? You've come to the right place. The math is easy: create a gap between what you earn, and what you spend. If you can save half your income, your working career will only be around a decade long! Want to shorten it even more? Read on to see exactly what expenses the wife and I cut from month to month. Track your progress against the milestones of FI, and gradually build up your own savings snowball. Check out the books and links in our resources section and jump-start your journey to FI. The you ten years from now will be glad you did! Ready? Start here.