Last week, I was a guest on the Bigger Pockets Money podcast, hosted by Scott Trench and Mindy Jensen! Listen to the podcast here:
Inside the Episode:
- What our life was like before we focused on financial freedom
- Why the 180-degree shift to financial independence?
- The first steps we took
- How we started tracking our expenses
- The value of cooking good food
- Cutting out unnecessary expenses while optimizing needs
- Buying the worst mortgage property
- Our tenant from hell
- How I finally decided to quit my job
- Our FI number
- And SO much more!
Interested in starting your own Financial 180? You've come to the right place. The math is easy: create a gap between what you earn, and what you spend. If you can save half your income, your working career will only be around a decade long! Want to shorten it even more? Read on to see exactly what expenses the wife and I cut from month to month. Track your progress against the milestones of FI, and gradually build up your own savings snowball. Check out the books and links in our resources section and jump-start your journey to FI. The you ten years from now will be glad you did! Ready? Start here.